The Parents' Alliance is a group of the school's parents who are keen to support the work of the school, teachers and children to bring our school 'community' closer together in what ever ways we can. As a new committee we are especially keen for all parents' input and suggestions to help build the community.
So far, we have agreed the following priorities:
• Community Building: organising a range of social events throughout the school year to help parents, children and teachers get to know each other.
• Tzedakah (being charitable): raising cash, awareness and in-kind gifts, time and money for charitable causes to create a school with an active social action agenda.
• Fundraising for the School: facilitating discrete fundraising activities to enhance the children's education and overall experience at Alma.
• Family Learning: helping parents to help their children, supporting the school reach out to parents to enhance the learning experience for Alma children and parents.
• Hesed/Kindness: acting as a co-ordinating body to facilitate any Alma family, teacher or child in need of a little bit of practical or emotional support in times of need.
The members of the Alma Parents' Alliance are elected through a ballot of the parents. The current members of the APA are:
Jonny Paul - Treasurer/Co-Chair
Gaby Casher - Secretary/Co-Chair
Alexis Steadman - Reception class rep
Lital Pentelka - Reception class rep
Rina Wolfson - Year 1 class rep
Sonya Or - Year 1 class rep
Leonie Eisenberg - Year 2 class rep
Karen Lester - Year 2 class rep
Nicky Gross - APA member
Sarah Goldstone - APA member
Danya Kay - APA member
If you are interested in joining the APA or have any suggestions for us, please contact us at parentsalliance[at]almaprimary.org